Meeting held on February 10, 2022
MCTA new members:
Sheila & Darrell Walker and Johnny Lay & Ethan Bible
They have all expressed interest in working with MCTA in whatever way they can help! Welcome!
TN Songwriters Week—De
Event held on Feb 5 seemed very well run and well attended.
4 Solid winners will very well represent Morgan County at Bijou Theater
2nd Round: Feb 21, 7 p at $20/person event ticket price
FB live videos by George Hawver have received multiple views
MCTA thanks MoCo Brewing Project for hosting the event. It was a great evening.
David Howard and George Hawver are the first customers served by Pam Gunter, cook. Well, the store isn't open yet and they aren't really customers, and Pam isn't really the official cook, all are but hard working MCTA volunteers. Looks like Pam was in the kitchen cooking up cheesburgers for our helpers!
Tanners Update: Pam Gunter
Soda Fountain—approx $6K for repair, but no one is returning with definite cost or plans
George H, David H, and Mike R have worked multiple hours the past 2 weeks completing much finish wood and tin work.
Kitchen Shower for kitchen tools and equipment planned by Marcella Darnell and Sara Goodman
Pam will explore the AmazonSmile program Gift registry for Kitchen shower
Cleaning Workday is planned when construction work is completed
Miles Marketing Grant—Brenda Duke
Brenda will view the video of the Feb 6 staff meeting /training for 2022 Google My Business sessions presented for staff and business partners
Grant training is being repeated for businesses in our area & notice is on FB and our website
We will be working on identifying special areas where we can improve the exposure of Morgan County with better photos, correct info, etc
For Your Pleasure Concert—David
Date June 4, 2022 (Concert Theme/Name??—David will determine
Band—Knox Country Collective—playing Mexican 2 step and line dancing music
Food—Tex Mex—George will explore with Los Doritos & War Pigs
Wine Tasting—Marta will explore with Winery @ 7 Springs Farms
Welcome to MoCo Program—George
• Frankie Paxton donated a Welcome to MoCo mat to the store this week
• George plans to explore purchasing more from Frankie.
• Mats are for new businesses from a specific date (to be determined) to current
• Emily G is in the Leadership Morgan Program and she may be able to help identify new business and opening dates through the Leadership group project and working with the County Court Clerk’s office where new businesses register.
Hike MoCo—Cathy & Erin Howard
• Current Hikes’ theme: Winter Waterfall Wonder
• Many Hike MoCo members have served as hike organizers/leaders
• TNMLF Marathon planning & advertisement is beginning
• TNMLF Sign-up/Kickoff will be March 19 @ FHSP with a hike on Ross Gap Trail
• TNMLF Marathon registration fee to be determined
• New Opportunity—to get involved with other hiking groups for To Save Our Smokies Meet & Greet Event April 23, 3-6p at Tremont Institute with beer, food, entertainment
• Hike MoCo may assist with band cost
• Opportunity to hand out Hike MoCo cards to other hikers
• Brochure is at printers and will be ready for distribution at Upper Cumberland H& G Show 3/4-6.
• TNMLF rack card awaiting finalizing festival offerings & will be ready for March 4-6 show.
Rugby Irish Road Bowling—March 19, 2022 11am-3 pm—De
• Registration 11am—Tournament begins 12—open to teams of 2-4 people/team
• Accepting 30 teams at $15/person registration
• Fish & Chips lunch and beer available for sale 12 noon—5 pm
• Exploring Event Insurance
• 12-15 MCTA helpers needed: Please call De 423-223-7580 if you can help
2022 Upper Cumberland Home & Garden Show—March 4-6, 2022
• Friday 12n-8 pm set up & show—Mark
• Saturday 10am 6 pm—Mark
• Sunday 12 noon-4 pm need booth help coverage from 12 -2 as Mark has previous commitments
• Booth helpers needed: please call Mark 937-286-2555 if you can help
TNMLF—Marta & Pam May 20-21, 2022
Planned Events & Coordinators
• Pet Parade—George H/MoCo Mutts
• Concert—David H
• Fireworks—Pete & Brushy Mountain Group
• 5K Ridge Run-CHS Loop—Mark
• Live Music—David Howard
• Rugby T shirt Screen Printing-De
• Helicopter Rides(if they will come)—Pam
• Beer Tasting—Emily
• Car Show—Marta
• Live Music—David H
• Putt Putt—George H
• Tea Tasting & Scones—Sue Bell
• Silent Auction—Marta
• Water Tunnel—Johnny Lay & Ethan Bible
• Kids Games—Susan Knight
• Tanners ice Cream Sales—
Water Tunnel—Johnny Lay & Ethan Bible
• slip & slide or run thru sprinkler
• need permission from PUD to use fire hydrant water—Marta